PDA

View Full Version : How to create a WindowsSWF that allows the user to drag&drop things on the stage

andersT
10-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi
I Would like to create my own panel windows (WindowSWF) like the components panel.
The user should be able to drag&drop things from i.e. a treeview onto the stage, and then i would like to pre-configure the component from jsfl code.
I know how to create windowSWF and run JSFL code, but how do i interact with flash to hook-up mouse event and so on into my SWF file ?
Is there any sample of somethings like this ?

hangalot
10-29-2004, 03:45 PM
somehow i don't think u will be able to drag something from a windowSWF to the stage. but placing a component on the stage is easy enough.

a good approach mihgt be to let the user say "add this element to the stage", and when u add somehting to the stage it seems to be the only thing in ur selection array, allowing u to access it straight away.

tdoublea
10-30-2004, 04:45 AM
yeah. i've tried some great things in my head that fall terribly flat when it comes to mouse movents in a WindowsSWF corresponding to an open fla.
the best way (per usual) is hangalot's suggestion. you can make a WindowSWF panel with a check list of things to add to an fla with a button that would add everything selected via JSFL... but dragging and dropping is not a possibillity.

i fell your frustration, if you're talking about not being able to put folders inside folders in the config's component folder.

-t