PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling text field?

Bruce_willis
11-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Just need to scroll a text field. It changed in 2004 so I don't think the component works the same.

Any tips?

G-Rard B
11-06-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm assuming you mean the TextArea component? That will start scrolling as soon as it needs to wrap the text.

aintnothinfree
11-08-2004, 01:12 AM
If you mean like a small box, but more text in it than would fit, so you'd have to scroll.............. then... create a text box and use the corner adjustment to resize it (dont use the free transform tool to do it!)... get it to the size you want, then double click into it like your going to type text... goto the properties and change it to Dynamic text.. then change the Line Type to "multiline" ... then just goto the component and drag the "UIScrollbar" into the text box, if you want it on the right then drag it close to the right of (inside) the text box, it should lock just outside of the right of the text box... enter your text (as much as you want) .. then when you test/publish.. the text box should have a scroll bar... remember if you change the size of the text box, you have to resnap the scrollbar to it..

if you have any trouble.. send me an IM on aim at: aintnothinfree
if this isn't what you were referring to, then good luck eitherway :) Hope i helped!

- Rob