PDA

View Full Version : What is this error? "Operation not allowed on partial recordset"

honers
11-29-2004, 04:51 AM
I am having a problem with an AMFPHP project that continues to return the following error ->

"RecordSet Warning 108: Operation not allowed on partial recordset"

Basically, I have a database of names, addresses, etc.. When the remoting connects it does an initial call to a search function and retrieves data. The user can then select a name and modify that person's info...pretty simple and it all works fine.

This error message occurs in a specific script when the user updates the First or Last name field in the database. The script first returns a confirmation that the PHP update call was successful and then attempts to 'refresh' the search screen by calling the search function again. This is when I get the recordSet error.

Does anyone know what this error is referring to? The search call works when I call it in other parts of the script, but I can't figure out why it generates this error at this particular time. If I knew what this error meant it might be able to figure it out.

Thanks, Kevin

honers
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I figured this out. This is a standard error if you do not have your recordSet created properly and then try to run a function from the recordSet class. In this case, the database was not returning a recordSet when the search came up empty, yet I was still trying to call the method that gets the length of the record set. Thus the error. If you are getting this error, it is most likely because you don't really have a recordSet where you think you do.

-Kevin