PDA

View Full Version : New Charting Components for FMX2004

blackmamba2
12-01-2004, 03:55 AM
New Charting Components for FMX2004
We just released a new set of charting components for FMX2004.

Written in AS2, built on the same architecture that drives our XPComponents, lightweight, smart and feature packed!

Drop one of the XPCharting components on the stage, adjust parameters, add in your data and your done!

XPCharting makes it easy to:
Create many types of charts, including bar charts, line charts, area charts, and pie charts.

Create interactive charts using flash applications. Interactive charts detect mouse movement over chart elements and associate that movement with particular actions.

Create dynamic charts using flash applications. Dynamic charts can load data that is not defined when the application is created, and the charts can update the data as it is refreshed.

Automatically label the time and numerical axis, saving tedious editing and positioning of the labels.

Customize the charts, including setting colors, fonts, number formats, currency formats, and labels.

XPCharting components supports the following types of charts:
Bar charts
Line charts
Area charts
Pie Charts

If you want to know more then take a look here http://www.epresenterplus.com/charting.shtml (http://www.epresenterplus.com/charting.shtml) and try out the demo's.

Even if your not interested in buying them any feedback on the components is very welcome!

CyanBlue
12-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

I think it is decent charting component that you can buy at $49...
But I think you are missing some other types of charts that the users can mix in... That's the first thing I've noticed... Need more charts in the family... :)
And, I also noticed that there is no multi axis chars available... and sometimes it is something that's really needed for the consumer...
I see no tooltip when you roll over the point, and I don't see any dynamic graph in your demo which your users might want to have...

Just my 2 cents... :)

blackmamba2
12-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

I think it is decent charting component that you can buy at $49...
But I think you are missing some other types of charts that the users can mix in... That's the first thing I've noticed... Need more charts in the family... :)
And, I also noticed that there is no multi axis chars available... and sometimes it is something that's really needed for the consumer...
I see no tooltip when you roll over the point, and I don't see any dynamic graph in your demo which your users might want to have...

Just my 2 cents... :)

Thanks for those comments much appreciated,

We have updated the page to show more demos charts .

We currently have Bar, StackedBar, Line, Area, HiLo, Step and Pie charts.

Multi axis charts are supported.

Tooltips are built in just wasnt turned on by default in the demos.
Actually the tooltip feature is quite powerful. Before a tooltip is displayed an event is fired containing both the point data, date and annotation text which allows you to customise what text will be displayed.

Any and all axis type charts can be mixed in a single chart ie combine Bar/Line/HiLo or anything you like.

All charts are dynamic both in terms of being able to alter data on the fly and to add new data series or chart types i.e you can have a Bar Chart and on the fly overlay a line plot over it.

We have a demo of loading CSV data from Yahoo Finance into a HiLo chart and then on the fly adding moving average trend lines, this example also allows you to dynamically alter the moving average plot by using a numeric stepper.

Anyway again thanks for the comment!