PDA

View Full Version : How to save file to floppy disk

arisha
12-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Hi, I'm working on a multiplatform project which requires user login and save scores to diskette.
Is there any method or solution to this problem, using javascript, without calling a "save as" window?
I desperately need the solution as soon as possible. S.O.S!!!

thank you in advance.

Ruben
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't something you can do in html or javascript, not because my knowledge of js or html is that great (because it isn't ;)) but because if a website could do something like that then any website could just safe any file (virusses for instance) on your HD without your permission...

...does that make sence?

- Ruben

arisha
12-15-2004, 01:25 AM
tq ruben..
hmm..really?..actually i'm developing interactive CD using macromedia flash MX 2004 and for the next project, requires multiplatform OS. The problems occur when we want to save datas/files into floppy disk. Their said we can using shared object+java script..and for that matter i've no solution. Just because there are some company can do that.

Ruben
12-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Pff...wel in that case I'll have to say my knowledge is insufficient...sorry

:p - Ruben

CyanBlue
12-15-2004, 04:13 PM
If you are developing CD project, use third party projector tools such as Flash Studio Pro or SWF Studio...

arisha
12-16-2004, 03:57 AM
yes..i knew third party projector tools can do that..but just for window platform..how about linux and mac? must be another way..if there any solution or examples for that matter, please don't forget to send me..i need that urgent..
tq in advance..

arisha
12-16-2004, 04:55 AM
1 more thing..would u have any idea how to make a full screen for mac when u run the CD..where run on a browser...

aalavandhaann
12-29-2004, 09:13 AM
1 more thing..would u have any idea how to make a full screen for mac when u run the CD..where run on a browser...

i cud not decide wheather u asked for HTml or Projector but anyway these are the following codes for both

!)HTml

window.open(filename,fullscreen = yes)

2)Projector

fscommand("fullscreen","true);

well still i am not sure about thehtml one but even that will help to use as a hint to start ur search(if it does not work);

aalavandhaann
12-29-2004, 09:18 AM
asn regarding ur writing of files to hardDisks i am damn sure u can do that through Javascript.though i am not a Javaprogrammer.

this can be done running the swf on a html window where the html window will consist of the javascript function that involves the System.IO operations in a function which can be written inside a Java function in HTML source.

that function can be called and the text we want to write can be sent as a parameter to the javascript throught flash. so dont lose ur heart i asssure u that this logic will definelty work.b'coz i am trying to make a XML generator using flash and javascript(thought i have not yet started it i have made my plans and research neccessary for this)

spacether
01-07-2005, 04:32 PM
the javascript fso (file system object) can accomplish this. Dunno if it works so well on macs. In windows it will pop up a warning, but if you click yes it works fine. You can find info on fullscreen mac, and crossbrowser burning here:
http://usuarios.lycos.es/didinomade/ProjectorsBurningFAQ.htm

Gibberish
01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
they still make floppy disks?

CyanBlue
01-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Yes they do... But I think the price of the floppy disk will be much higher than the hard drive price pretty soon... So... Buy them bunch when you can... ;)

Ruben
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Whahaha, lol, at my previous school we used to use them since the computers there were too outdated to put usb-sticks in 'em...

:D - Ruben