PDA

View Full Version : Computer speed again

zulu
02-24-2001, 10:19 AM
No here is a question to the Mighty ones.
Is it possible to create a Flash movie so , that it would not be related to computer speed. ( When my mov playes half slower on old coputer then I call it a serious problem. And logically a 80k movie should not be slow on a 233 MHz Computer. 233MHz runs games etc. Whats the prob with a little 80k. )

Jesse
02-24-2001, 10:50 PM
A 233 wouldn't run Quake 2 or higher very well because it requires too much renderring in real time. Flash renders everything in real time, unlike a graphic, Flash drawns out its content as the movie plays and this is what allows Flash files to be so small, however it also makes the CPU intensive.
If your animation wont run on a 233 then I would say you need to cut out some sound or some of your more intensive animations/scripts.
You could also have an option for users with slower computers, which will take them to a version with no sound and reduced animation... like having a high and low bandwidth version...

Cheers

Jesse

zulu
02-24-2001, 11:26 PM
this makes things a bit complicated. First,I have a page that will prompt for HTML or Flash. Then I ask for fast or slow computer...... thats a bit disturbing for a regular surfer....but I guess I have to think of something. :(

Jesse
02-24-2001, 11:51 PM
Most sites with this sort of thing break it down to one page>

Option 1:
HTML, ststic, boring - for slow comps and dialups

Option 2:
Flash, interactive, interesting - for faster comps and connections.

Cheers

Jesse