PDA

View Full Version : Actionscripts-library configuration

Strok
10-19-2001, 05:16 AM
Do you think the structure of Actionscripts-library is OK ?
Or better to have it divided to something like:

scripts
functions
strings
arrays
XML-flash
javascript-flash

please post your suggestions

tg
10-19-2001, 05:29 AM
how about
strings
movieclips
arrays
numbers
date/time
functions
general

dividing it up no matter which way is good i think.

tg

Jesse
10-19-2001, 05:53 AM
I like it as it is but I have a photographic memory for search terms so I can always find what I want :) hehe

Jim
10-19-2001, 09:43 AM
A bit more organisatio would be nice. As you've don with the movies section. Much easier to find what you are looking for
Jim

Madokan
10-19-2001, 09:52 AM
I like it leave it as it is :)

yours
Matze K.

RealBBoy
10-19-2001, 10:50 AM
for eyes is easier if you divide it into sections. And also some icons or comments for scripts. Like: is it placed on a movie, is it placed on a timeline, or a buttons etc. for novice users mostly.

I was terrified by actionscript when i started flash a 2 years ago, but now i see the bigger picture...:cool: so make it easy for the newbz.

Compliments for the content of the site.

Cheers,

Mustafa
10-19-2001, 02:52 PM
Up to me: leave it as it is...
I really like in this manner.

pinkaboo
10-22-2001, 01:32 PM
Hello, Strok,
I think that the library could certainly do with some restructuring, especially as it gets bigger.
K

supergokito
10-31-2001, 10:50 AM
Don't know if it would be a good idea. Maybe.

What I really think is a must is the tool contextual code inspector (or whatsoever, I can't remember its name) that Delphi and other RAD applications have. It is a tool that autocompletes as you write the code, or perhaps if you're not quite sure pressing Ctrl+SpaceBar brings you a contextual menu with the available options.

I don't do a lot of actionscripting, and I don't use Normal Mode unless I want to be absolutely sure the code is right, otherwise I use the Expert Mode, and so I guess real actionscripters can't deal with Normal Mode, it is stucking, bad, argh!

See you!

Harkole
10-31-2001, 11:31 AM
change it maybe my life would get easier?

vilehelm
11-01-2001, 06:46 AM
I think you definitely need a directory of some sort as the database grows but the tough thing will be who decides what goes where. I would think that some of the code spans several categories.

Maybe each piece of code is just indexed in relevant categories and they can be called up that way...

Seems like it might be a lot of work on your end but neccesary. Better to do now than wait until you have zillions of little snippets of code.

I feel like a jerk saying that. I'll get my pay pal account set up tomorrow and make a donation.

Strok
11-10-2001, 07:11 PM
The library section is updated.

Any suggestions?