PDA

View Full Version : videoconference component - how to make it work?

julioody
01-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to use Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Videoconference component. I've put together a quick application using simpleconnect just to test it, and I can see the video window appearing normally. As more people connect on it, I get new windows, so that says to me they're managing to log in successfully. The dragSharing feature works fine as well.
However, I still get a "Login to Send Audio/Video" in each user instance window in the component. I did a quick research and I found out that you must use the setUsername() method before being able to send audio and video. So I hardcoded anything, like

videoconf.setUsername("johndoe");

(where "videoconf" is the instance name of my component on the stage, of course)

But it still doesn't work. So did anybody manage to use this component yet? I googled a lot for it and information seems to be scarce. Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

gghamer
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Julio,

Have you tried the list [email protected] ?

More details at http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/ ... under "Mailing Lists" find FlashComm. It seems to be the definitive list on FlashCom and FlashCom's Communication Components (VideoConference and SimpleConnect included).

The Chattyfig FlashComm list is not only sure to be read by many developers who use this component, but probably a few who have ported V2 versions too.

hth

g

jerryj
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Hi,

this thread is pretty old, but I have exactly the same problem. All components work, except the videoconference. Multiple logins are possible but unable to send audio/video. Couldn't find anything on chatyyfig.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you,

Jerryj.