PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Banner Ads - Jesse

Rupert
10-26-2001, 04:02 AM
Jesse, recently you said your banner click rates were way down - I was just wondering if things like 20 Ton Squirrel's little footer that "gently reminds" people to click a banner has had any effect? I know that the few of us here who use the forum have a policy now that if we are on the forum we have to click at least one banner. Maybe a everybody could do this until you get your removeable banners (or whatever system you go with implemented) and you guys can get a just a little closer to having this thing pay for itself?
Cheers, Rupert

45degrees
10-26-2001, 10:14 AM
i'll click at least once a day, 5 days a week (while at work)

c'mon we can make this thing work boys and girls!!

c ya

red penguin
10-26-2001, 10:52 AM
sh*t, I click at least 5 times a day while at work...It's a game now...Whenever the page loads and it catches my eye, whammy....
Things looking up in that dept, Jesse?

Jesse
10-26-2001, 12:30 PM
The ads we serve are paid based on how many impressions we show rather than how many clicks we recieve. Due to the nature of the forums, with lots of people just dropping in to read then closing the browser, our impression to click ratio drops significantly for banners served on the forums. For the moment the level seems to be pretty good and the advertisers seem happy.
IN terms of how the search for funding is going, we've tried a few new strategies this month and we've been making our own advertising arangements. Things are looking up but nothing's signed yet :)
For those of you who haven't noticed, we've added a PayPal link at the bottom of each page also.
Of course, we don't encourage you to click on baners you're not interested in. That sounds scammy ;)