PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Text field - pop up window

englund
10-26-2001, 05:26 AM
I have a Windows projector file (as opposed to a swf embedded in HTML) that uses a scrolling dynamic text field. Within the dynamic text I have a link to an external web page.

I want the web page to pop up, sized with no menu bar. Since I can only use JavaScript on the page that pops (the dynamic text only supports a very limited set of HTML) I'm at a loss. I'm using

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
resizeTo(250,350);
//-->
</script>

and 'scroll=no' within the body tag of the webpage so it is the proper size. But I don't know how to get rid of the browsers menu. Any suggestions?

kingarturo
10-26-2001, 04:42 PM
Hi there,

See if this helps;

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/beginner/PopUp_window_within_flash/index.shtml

Peace.

englund
10-26-2001, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately that's the only way I now. But it only works if you have a flash project embedded on a web page. I'm using a projector file so there is no HTML page in which to paste the Java function openNewWindow. The only HTML page is the page that OPENS.

Brent

tg
10-26-2001, 09:23 PM
this prototype might help - but that is a pretty iffy might. my guess since i havn't tested it in a projector file is that it will open a blank browser which will open the window you want. but im not sure so it may be worth a try. heres the

Movieclip.prototype.openWin = function (url, winName, w, h, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable) {
getURL ("javascript: var myWin; if(!myWin || myWin.closed){myWin = window.open('" + url + "','" + winName + "','" + "width=" + w + ",height=" + h + ",toolbar=" + toolbar + ",location=" + location + ",directories=" + directories + ",status=" + status + ",menubar=" + menubar + ",scrollbars=" + scrollbars + ",resizable=" + resizable + "')}else{myWin.focus();};void(0);");
}

//usage
onClipEvent(mouseDown){
//url, winName, width, height, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable
openWin("about:blank","blank",400,200,0,0,0,0,0,0,1);
}

:eek: sorry about the lack of wrap.:o

englund
10-26-2001, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the input tg. Perhaps I'm asking more of a HTML question than flash.

I see where you're going but I have multiple links within the dynamic text, so I would think the onClipEvent(mouseDown) would not work. But I'll play with it and see if I get any bright ideas.

I was hoping perhaps there was a DHTML tag that would remove the menu after the browser was launched just like the 'resizeTo(width,height);' resizes the browser as it launches.

Brent

tg
10-27-2001, 02:57 AM
the usage doesn't necessarily need to be on the clip event... it is just an example of the use for the code, you could put it in the press event of a button or inside a hit test or what ever you may need.