PDA

View Full Version : just for the topic - what is good for making an Intro to a site

jake
10-29-2001, 03:14 AM
sup all i swear i was just wondering what or how does one go about making an intro for a site. any pros out there made an intro before? reply

Strok
10-29-2001, 04:33 AM
in most cases it based on animation with a logo(explanation of the logo) or to show the "MOTTO" of company or some special message which gives you the main concept of the company

Jesse
10-29-2001, 05:21 AM
I visit so many Flash sites and most of them are run by some fellow who wants to show you all the neat spinning and twirling effects he's learned from studying 100 open source, so the intros go for 30 seconds and are full of crap I've seen before.
In my opinion, a great intro is:
Colorful
Engaging and maybe interactive (maybe not)
Fast paced
Audible, but not over the top
Optional! (With a skip button)

Still one of the best Intros I've ever seen resides at www.eye4u.com . Watch it in IE in FullScreen mode (F11) and see what I mean.

jake
10-29-2001, 10:06 PM
thanks for the tips and also that site is pretty cool too. i like the simplicity yet great look to it. only problem is the main interface with the circles moving its a little hard to navigate.
peace in the middle eace

Jesse
10-30-2001, 01:35 AM
Eye4U was the 2nd Flash site I ever saw. It was made in Flash 3 and hasn't changed (much) since. It was so great :)

vilehelm
11-01-2001, 06:36 AM
Well, I think 2advanced.com has the corner on the great-technosoundloop-lots of action intros. I tend to look at what the site behind the intro really needs.

Most of the time i don't think they need intros at all. However in a few instances it's great. If i think someone will visit the site looking for something in particular (they want to buy a shoe, buy some stock, look up a disease etc...) then it's not appropriate. If it's a site that is more open for exploration and selling image or branding then the flash intro is very appropriate. Harry Potter for instance would be perfect. In fact a simple game intro would be good, get you involved in the story line and the characters, immerse you in the experience.

Volkswagen sites are full of great flash intros and pieces of this nature too.