PDA

View Full Version : skip button

nugjar
02-26-2001, 08:10 PM
i am adding a "skip intro" button to my intro movie and would like to know if the actions of the button should be to first stop the movie, then unload the movie, then load the index page....or does it do all that on it's own?

my concern is not bandwidth but processor/memory usage, which seems to be the real hold-up with flash movies...

also, is there a way to test a flash5 movie not just under lower bandwidth conditions but different cpu loads?

I have PIII 500 96ram and would like two others to test..
Any PII and PI....

thx!

JHallam
02-26-2001, 08:22 PM
Hiya,

Well just design a button, place it where you wuld like it to be, and then add this action:

"goto"

then choose your action,

either Next Scene, then you would have this result on the buttons action;

on (release) {
nextScene ();
}

:) hope it helps!

nugjar
02-27-2001, 04:09 AM
will that automatically unload the movie from the board mem, etc...?

Jesse
02-27-2001, 07:48 AM
No but he's assuming that the index and intro are two parts of one file. If they are two seperate flash files you should use unload() and load(). If the intro is flash and the index (which implies html to me) is HTML, then you use GetURL which will automatically dump the flash.

If you load the new movie into the root level (the same level that the current, playing movie is in), Flash automatically dumps the current clip.

Cheers

Jesse

nugjar
02-28-2001, 04:10 AM
thats what i was wondering...

i'm not real happy with the way ie is handleing it's old data...(it seems to keep it longer than my settings allow!)

and yes, the index.html is mainly html (flash navigation only). and thats good news, jesse, thanks alot!

nug