PDA

View Full Version : URGENT:Publishing problems/movie clips

Doodle
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi

I have a major headache on my hands. There's probably a logical explanation forit, but it's turning my head to mush.

I've setup a couple of host movie clips so I can load other movie clips in and out of them using the LoadMovie command. The whole site works brilliantly when its local on my hard drive, but when I upload it to my ISP and view it over the internet, they don't work, the movies are balnk - zilch - nothingness.

I get the index page and my buttons and background appear fine, but the movies don't work. What am I doing wrong?

Please help! :eek:

mancroft
02-04-2005, 02:33 PM
might be a path problem:

do you mean clips or .swf files?

are they in the correct directory?

Doodle
02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
They are .swf files.

All .swf files sit in the same root directory on my PC and on my web page.

I have simplified it - well sort of. All I have now is a background and a single button that uses the on (release) command. I've set it up now so that when it's clicked on, it display one .swf file (a single picture) in one host movie clip with an instance name of container. I also asked it to play another .swf file (moving text with frames) in a different host movie clip with an instance name of container2. Testing it on my local drive it works great, when I upload it, I get the single picture, but not the moving text - what is all that about?

For an additional test, and to add further confusion, I told it to load the same .swf (the single framed picture) into both hosts (container and container2) - it worked.

It's doing my head in and i'm going to flip when I find out that it's something simple.

I tell ya, traditional HTML / Dreamweaver beckons :)

Doodle
02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
OK - I've figured it out.

It was something as DUMB AS CASE sensitive filenames - JEEEZ!!!

WHY OH WHY!!! doesn't flash say it can't find a file. Why does it insist on being case sensitive.

Thanks for any help given.