PDA

View Full Version : Funky Text ...

todd-imc
02-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I've had a problem with how my text looks when I export my Flash movie to the internet. It looks fine when I'm creating the movie in Flash, but when it's exported it seems to lose its smoothness. I've already tried making sure that all the text is say width=25 instead of width=25.2 or something to that nature. Are there specific fonts that work better in Flash than others?

Thanks.

jessup
02-07-2005, 07:47 PM
look up pixel fonts in the search feature of this site....

every thing flash draws is a math equation. not a pixel location. same thing with text as far as i know hence why people like to draw text in pixel based programs and then use them in thier flash movie.

as far as text that looks good u are the only one that can answer that question ;)

i have found custom fonts that looks better than the good ol commons(tahoma,_sans,arial,verdena) but those usually look fine to me to...

Lost ?
02-18-2005, 09:14 PM
www.fontsforflash.com

mancroft
02-18-2005, 09:18 PM
You could try putting your text into an image file.

Lost ?
02-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Theres plenty of pixel fonts available for free on different sites and its alot easier anyway :D :D

CoreIce
02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
I've had a problem with how my text looks when I export my Flash movie to the internet. It looks fine when I'm creating the movie in Flash, but when it's exported it seems to lose its smoothness. I've already tried making sure that all the text is say width=25 instead of width=25.2 or something to that nature. Are there specific fonts that work better in Flash than others?

Thanks.

I learnt this the hard way, but select your text and make sure it's set to "static text" in the properties pane. :)