PDA

View Full Version : comments welcome

mattpearce641
02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
If you get time have a look at miy site. Its about 40% complete, probably loads of typos etc...but i would appreciate any comments on the progress so far..any bugs etc.... Cheers Matt

http://www.matthewpearce.co.uk

Doccie
02-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Very nice, sleek design.
Only one thing you might want to look into... I don't really like the colors on the menu. The colors are nice, but at a whole, the composition seems off.

Anyhow, very nice site with some very nice vectorart... Keep up the good work :)

MagicUK
02-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi matt. Looks fantastic. Colours are nice, navigation no problems.

Can I ask which program you used for doing the 3d stuff...looking to get into that...

mattpearce641
02-22-2005, 11:54 AM
i use swift 3d v4, about 130. It's easy to use, has an animation timeline like flash, easy to use interface. If you want to get involved in 3d for web and especially for flash, its definately the software to start with...other packages like 3ds max can be a bit daunting to start with.

http://www.erain.com

MagicUK
02-22-2005, 12:30 PM
thanks. i'll check it out!

ohno6345
02-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey Matt,

I like your design. You don't have to guess or search around for what you're looking for. I would expand your about me area. If you were using this site just to show people who already know what you're about, like for employment it would be fine. If you were looking to attract people to hire you through your site, you should explain what you do in words besides all of your examples. Probably in your about me. I would try to add more details to your resume/cv to explain the positions you held better.

Also, there are a couple of things that have sound. For the user, being able to turn the sounds off or down might be a good idea to add.

Neil

mattpearce641
02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks Neil,

appreciate your comments. I'm always a bit reluctant to give too many personal details over the web, which is why i've asked people to use the 'contact' form. But i guess your right it is a bit vague/light on the personal info. Truth is i always find text content the boring bit! Other comments taken on board...and thanks for taken the time to comment...Matt

ohno6345
02-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks Neil,

appreciate your comments. I'm always a bit reluctant to give too many personal details over the web, which is why i've asked people to use the 'contact' form. But i guess your right it is a bit vague/light on the personal info. Truth is i always find text content the boring bit! Other comments taken on board...and thanks for taken the time to comment...Matt

Ya, you don't need to put anything personal on there. Even your birth year doesn't need to be there. But I would be less concerned about putting professional information on there. About me, Could be something like answering the question What can you do for me? Drawing on your experience.

Also when I looked back at Job Description the better term for your content is Job Title or simply Position. Description, I would think would be a few lines or short paragraph.

But take my opinion for whats it worth, I don't have much background in either design or recruiting and sometimes less is more.