PDA

View Full Version : New Browser Window opens behind Flash Movie

Michael Kivi
11-09-2001, 03:34 PM
I built a Windows Projector(.exe) in Full Screen Mode for a software installation CD. Within a few of the scenes, I'm using
geturl to open html readme documents. Here's the issue. . .certain browsers open the New Browser Window behind the Flash movie, which I mentioned is in Full Screen Mode. Other browsers open the New Browswer Window in front of the Flash movie, which is of course, the desired effect. Any thoughts???

I tried loading the following javascript into the <body> tags of the html documents to no avail. . .

onLoad="JavaScript:self.focus();"

anyone else out there run into this one?

also, it seems to work perfectly in IE6, and not in IE5. . .

Michael Kivi
11-12-2001, 01:33 PM
Javascript was indeed the answer. . .I just needed to get the syntax correct. I placed this in the head of my html docs:

<script>
<!--
function setFocus() {
window.focus()
}
//-->
</script>

and then called the function in the body tags:

onLoad="setFocus()"

This actually works for my local html docs, and also seems to set the focus on non-local html docs that I have not placed the script into. . .strange. Apparently, once the new window has been set to focus onLoad, the browser "remembers" and focuses all new html docs, without the javascript. . .so, I'm all set as long as someone doesn't link to one of the non-local html docs first! :p

miakazi
12-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Hi, I'm having the same problem with launching an Explorer window from a projector file. If explorer is open, it opens behind the full-screen projector. If it is not open it opens in front. How can I be sure it will always open a window in front of my projector? Any ideas- would be greatly appreciated!

miakazi