PDA

View Full Version : tab index problem

jerryj
03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi,
this tab index code works in jumping from one field to another in the right order but it also shows this text in the fields when I publish ('form' is the movieclip in which the textfields are):
level0.form.naam
and then
level0.form.tel and so on..

tab index code I am using:
naam.tabIndex = 1;
tel.tabIndex = 2;
email.tabIndex = 3;
straat.tabIndex = 4;
plaats.tabIndex = 5;
vraag.tabIndex = 6;Also, this _focusrect code is not working for me to get rid of the green boxes when tabbing through the fields.

_focusrect=false;

I think the first problem comes from the fact that i am loading my form into my main movie (level0), but does anyone know the answer?

Thank you,

Jerryj.

CyanBlue
03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Did you try that within the web browser or did you just test it within the Flash authoring environment??? The result could be quite different, so if you have not done so, do test in the web browser to see if that's really working or not... ;)

jerryj
03-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi CyanBlue,
yes, and I have just uploaded the file, and tested it on line; the problem remains...

thanks,
Jerryj.

CyanBlue
03-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Can you create a new file and copy that form movieClip and upload it so that we can see it???

jerryj
03-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Cyanblue,
I just found the answer, what happened was this:
I first used the as code for tab index and named the instances of the textfields to make it work.
Then I discovered the accessibility option in the properties panel for tab indexes, but I didn't remove the instance names.
When I did remove them, I noticed that using those accessibilty settings automatically produced names in the Instance Name field (like Text86, etcetera).
That must have been it, because now those texts are gone.

But I still wonder why
_focusrect=false;
doesn't work.
I put it in the timeline of the textfields, in the main timeline, in the first frame of the main timeline (like the manual says) but still ugly green borders.
I also tried
Text86._focusrect=false;
but no luck.

Thanks,
Jerryj.

jerryj
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi,
I found the answer for textfields (_focusrect=false; will only do for buttons and movieclips):

Text86.onSetFocus = function() {
Text86._focusrect = false;
};
Text87.onSetFocus = function() {
Text87._focusrect = false;
};and so on.

Thanks for your help,
Jerryj.

CyanBlue
03-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Glad to hear that you've got it working... :)