PDA

View Full Version : PANIC - HELP PLEASE!!! centering flash in browser window... STUCK :(

eyedea
11-18-2001, 05:12 PM
Anybody.... please!!!!!! I'm begging you, please help....
:( :( :(
I've read about them, looked through tutorials ... but now I'm still stuck - got a deadline coming up and have a complete blank on how to center my flash site in the browser window, regardless of which size monitor it is being viewed on....

I've done a flash site (600x400px) and I'd like to put it on the html page in Dreamweaver, setting it up so when viewed - the flash content will always end up in the center of the monitor/browser window, on a small screen the same as on larger monitors.

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate any help on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening ;)
Happy flashin' Prisca

PS: the temporary link to the site: http://www.graphiceyedea.fsnet.co.uk/CentralSolutions/CS.html

Josh
11-18-2001, 06:10 PM
<div align="center"></div>

Put your HTML code for Flash between that tag.

Or you could just put it in a table and center the table.

Josh Dura

defrex
11-18-2001, 06:54 PM
<div align="center" valign="center"></div>

that should make it verticly center too

eyedea
11-18-2001, 09:18 PM
thanks so much for your quick reply :) :) :)

I tried to do as you said - but I don't know much about HTML (enough to understand the <..> and </...> principle but not much more :( ), so I'm probably putting it in the wrong place...
It refuses to budge... still stuck on top of browser window...

When I get some more time - I'll try it again!
Prisca

defrex
11-18-2001, 09:43 PM
maby i'm wrong....try this

<table width="100%" height="100%">
<td valign="center" align="center">
your flash code here
</td>
</table>

i know that one will work....

eyedea
11-18-2001, 10:15 PM
Thanks for getting back to me!!! I was just about to call it a night whe your reply came and I just had to try it out.... it didn't work first of all, but I just had a go and played around a bit, shifting a few bits around, adding bit in the DW HTML... and :) It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for that!!! :) :) :)

Take a look: http://www.graphiceyedea.fsnet.co.uk/CentralSolutions/CS.html

THANKS AGAIN :) :) Prisca :) :)