PDA

View Full Version : poll : vote ?

Ricod
11-19-2001, 10:09 AM
What I thought about ... how about a vote option ? It occurs to me that some people help a lot. Wouldn't it be great if u could do something back, like giving that person a vote ? That way people can track how much someone helped others. I know the posts are being counted, but that says so little ... (basically by posting 200 times of nothing still results in 200 posts right ?)

Maybe it wouldn't work, since there are only a few people who actually take polls ...

mad_A
11-19-2001, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea. In some ways...it would be nice to realise you are appreciated. It is a pain when you answer someones question and they don't even reply. But wouldn't it just turn into a competition?

Ricod
11-19-2001, 05:57 PM
perhaps it will ... but a little competetion once in a while is okay, especially if it concerns helping people. I know what u mean about the non-repliers. They go like : Help ! I'm stuck with this or that. And u think : Lets help that misfortunate soul and u shed some light on the matter and u never ever hear wether or not that solved the problem ... I mean c'mon ... What's THEIR problem ?

I also look at how many posts somebody has made, to check if that person knows where he/she is talking about. Like Jesse for instance. Basically if the reply is "try this or that", I will. Chance is quite big it will work. But if someone with hardly any posts comes up with something that goes like "I dunno, but in theory try this or that .. [insert 2000 lines of theoretically working code, written in C++ or something]" then I usually have something like : Gee, I guess that's a bit to advanced for me (that or I just ignore it) :)

My personal motives : I've been helped by many (including u mad_a) and rarely can do anything back, cuz I'm an intermediate flasher, not an advanced one ...

Billy T
11-20-2001, 04:01 AM
I think it's a good idea in theory, but might work better if you insert 2000 lines of theoretically working code, written in C++ or something:D

seriously though - what would a poll or vote really show? Those that are appreciative for the help they receive say thanks. The little leachers that are not would not make the effort to give someone a vote anyway...

Ricod
11-20-2001, 11:14 AM
well, there will always be people that leech and stuff ... it was just an idea really. And I was wondering what others would think about this ...