PDA

View Full Version : Load movie

Huw
03-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi,

I've been given a CD containing 20+ .swf files, one of them is called index.swf, when I drop this file on flash player, it calls all the other swf files in the directory and builds the presentation, so these files are fine, they all live in the same directory which makes everything a little easier. I have now been asked to create a new presentation which has to include the supplied files as one of the options within my new presentation. I have used loadMovie into an empty mc several time before to great effect but it just doesn't want to work this time. Can flash load several swf within the one empty mc at the sametime? is this why it's only calling one swf? If this is the case, can anybody suggest a way of getting this index.swf to load then all its associated swfs?

Tar!

slijpschijf
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
you can't load several swf's into one empty mc - since the loaded swf simply replaces the existing one.

try loadMovieNum - and load the swf's in different levels.

or try loading them into different empty mc's.

Huw
03-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I see what your saying, it's just that the file I load into the empty MC is called index.swf and contains various options and each option is built up of several swf files that need to be called and displayed at the same time e.g. navigation.swf, main content.swf, sounds.swf. All I'm getting at the moment is navigation.swf, it's like flash is only able to display the first swf required and ignores the rest.

As I didn't create the source files, I have no idea which swf file gos where etc, so loading them into several different empty MC isn't really an option – I don't think…

Do levels work differently? Will I be able to load all the swf files needed to create my final screen at once?

Barn
03-29-2005, 06:13 AM
You could try loading the index.swf into another level, but if it, in turn, tries to load stuff to levels, you could be hosed. If you have no access to the original FLA's, you cannot control where the index.swf is loading other external files.

Huw
03-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Barn,

Thought that might be the case but I just wanted to make sure – sanity check!

Cheers!