PDA

View Full Version : converting outlines

the cat
11-20-2001, 02:04 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me fix this error message I get when I "test scene":

"Some characters could not be converted to outlines because an appropriate outline font is not available. These characters will disappear in the flash player file. The characters that failed will look jagged if you choose Anti Alias text in the view menu"

I have tried switching off the antialias but I still get this message.

Please help someone!

The Cat:confused: :(

Billy T
11-21-2001, 01:38 AM
you dont have the font installed. You must either -

- install the font
- click on all text the text boxes in your movie and change them to a font you have.

the cat
11-21-2001, 09:16 AM
I have done that but I am still coming up with the same message. What do I do? The fonts I am using are used throughout the programme. I have never had any problem with it before and I haven't done any un-istallations of any kind. This error is coming up when I try and test scene a word search programme I have done. I copied the source but changed the words etc. Even when I try and do a test scene of the downloaded FLA file which contains the code it comes up with the same error.

What do I do??

The Cat

Billy T
11-21-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by the cat
Even when I try and do a test scene of the downloaded FLA file which contains the code it comes up with the same error.

sounds very much like you dont have the font it was made with. Flash keeps the name of the font in the Character panel even if you dont have it installed so maybe you think you have it installed but you dont???

So is the text invisible when you test the movie?

the cat
11-21-2001, 10:36 AM
Hi

I have managed to solve the problem. Thanks for all your help.

The Cat:D

Billy T
11-21-2001, 10:37 AM
what was it?

the cat
11-21-2001, 10:39 AM
The font used in the downloaded FLA was not available on my MAc. So I changed all the font to Arial and it worked.

But now I've got coding probs with my wordsearch. Just never ends does it!

The Cat

Billy T
11-21-2001, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by the cat
Just never ends does it!

nope - that's why it's so much fun:p

the cat
11-21-2001, 10:44 AM
Thanks!!