PDA

View Full Version : copying a symbol from the library of one document to the library of another

jjbilly
03-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,

First off, I'm new to JSFL, so any level of help will be appreciated on this. I thought what I wanted to do was going to be quite easy, but I'd welcome any opinions before I embark, because it doesn't seem so easy suddenly...

problem:
I have a large number of flas which all have a library symbol (ruler) which is wrong. I want to replace the symbol in the library of each fla, using a corrected version I have in a separate fla.

solution?
I can see how to manipulate a single library using the Library object - move things around in it, rename, delete, duplicate... My problem I think is moving items between flas. Is there a straightforward way to do this?

It's beginning to seem to me I need to do this - is this right?

Edit the correct symbol; copy the content; change focus to the target fla; open the library symbol; delete its content; paste the clipboard content in its place.

Any advice very welcome, thanks in advance,

John

hangalot
03-30-2005, 11:36 AM
hi

i have a tool written in jsfl which does this. the tool is a download from the london flash usergroup site. link: http://www.londonmmug.org/showthread.php?t=140 and the file you want to be looking for is mergetool.zip

i would advise you to private message me, so i can explain to you how to use it, what it can do and what it cannot do.

cheers
j