PDA

View Full Version : cross posting

Billy T
11-21-2001, 01:50 AM
Tell me if you think this is petty -

I am thinking that from now on, whenever I take the time to answer someone's question, if I notice that they have posted the question on 2 or more forums I will go back and remove my answer (or change it to something deliberately misleading hehehe)

:p

or should I just get a life???

:rolleyes:

Jesse
11-21-2001, 05:02 AM
see if you were a mod like me you could delete duplicates :) we're havigna discussion over at FK currently about how many trash threads there are, so as much as possible I try to remove duplicates and trash to keep our DB tidy :)

Billy T
11-21-2001, 10:40 AM
you do a fine job:p

20 Ton Squirrel
11-21-2001, 05:11 PM
I've seen this done alot. What I usually do is harness the ego-crushing power of Sarcasm (as seen on TV). Answer the question in one post, ridicule them in the other.

Usually those kind of people are either desparate or inept, and most of the time they apologize after you give them a proper whut-for. In fact, once reprimanded, I rarely see the same person doing it again... but then again most of the time those kind of people post once (in duplicate) and never come back.

I know some of these threads are really good, and you can't gauge their worth at a glance... but one might consider killing off all the threads owned/started by one-shot wonders. Ten to one they posted a question that was already answered elsewhere... like how to swonk something.

SOOoooooo, in summary, I say it's bad karma to be misleading, even to impatient and impertenant morons. Why lie when you can belittle them?

Billy T
11-21-2001, 08:58 PM
I would like to purchase some of your ego-crushing power of Sarcasm - how much will this cost me (inc. delivery to Australia)?;)

You're right about giving bad advice being bad karma....was in a bit of an evil mood yesterday :rolleyes:

cheers

Ricod
11-22-2001, 10:17 AM
what about closing threads ? Sometimes its just a small question and when its already answerd before it'll probably get replies like "check THIS thread" which that person'll probably do. Then it can be removed right ? Or doeas the moderator check that and close that one ?

Hey ! Here's a thought : why don't we punish them adaptively !
first time : formal warning ... (don't do that again, u naughty one)
second time : Home work ! write an essay of 30000 words called "why I love flash, but am to stubborn to wait for an answer on my thread"
third time : a ticket ! (donate $ 25 or be banned !)
fourth time : fysical punishment ! (although that may not be real punishment for some. Immedeately quit when they call u "master" or "dominator"(misstress/dominatrix))

Billy T
11-22-2001, 10:47 AM
hmmm ok why do i feel a sudden urge to start crossposting?

better get those whips ready my master :eek:

hehehe

Ricod
11-22-2001, 12:11 PM
Okay then ... since I'm angry anyway :

:mad: Crawl ! *whip ! whip !*
:mad: Bad Billy T ! *more whipping !*

Billy T
11-22-2001, 09:42 PM
ohhhh master that hurts so good ;)

think we better stop before we get banned from here hehehe:D

20 Ton Squirrel
11-23-2001, 09:58 PM
*blink, blink*
Ummmmm... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Ricod
11-24-2001, 09:10 AM
Yeah , and here people thought they'd be safe from the hazards of the internet !

kingarturo
11-24-2001, 02:23 PM
If your guys? are gonna do that in here pullleeeeeaaaaaaze have some kind of "weird content warning" in your post subject heading. Some people read these boards before eating breakfast * hint hint *. I guess it's straight to lunch for me. :(

Ricod
11-26-2001, 11:26 AM
Yes, we humans do have weird mating rituals. I guess to u Pinchers and Squirrels this must all appear very weird and even ... obscene and unnatural. But don't worry, this won't be a frequent thing. (maybe we oughta do something about parts of posts that aren't meant to be taken serious ? ) :)

Billy T
12-02-2001, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by kingarturo
If your guys?

what does that have to do with it?

you must have a very weak stomach....

kingarturo
12-03-2001, 05:11 AM
That was a typo and my post was meant to be funny. Geeesh tough crowd.

Ricod
12-03-2001, 07:59 AM
Maybe we oughta write everything XML style ! <sarcasticContent>
Okay peepz ! I'm being sarcastic now !</sarcasticContent> And now I'm back to serious Rico D !

20 Ton Squirrel
12-03-2001, 02:20 PM
Too strange for ME? Oh my friend... I dance along that line of sanity, cursing the fools who walk to either side. Friendly ridicule is just in my blood, can't help it! I thought about color-coding all my beloved sarcasm cuz there are a few people around here who just can't tell!

And now... WE DANCE!!!

Ricod
12-03-2001, 02:45 PM
<loudStatements>Yeah ! Lets !</loudStatements>
<danceRecommendation>Polka ! Cha Cha Cha ! </danceRecommendation>
<redundantQuestion>So ... who's leading anyway ? </redundantQuestion>
<validQuestion>Hows the XML tutorial going ? I for one could really use it. </validQuestion>

20 Ton Squirrel
12-03-2001, 03:01 PM
<mournfulTone>Alas, I am up to my bushy tail in work, no time for tutorials at the moment. </mournfulTone>RedPenguin is closer to the subject than I am at the moment... maybe you can pester HIM into it! *snicker*

Ricod
12-03-2001, 03:37 PM
Do u 2 have some kind of animal instinct that draws u 2 together ? Or do u pass on certain things on each other ? * now where's that penguin ? Need to bother him with XML tutorial stuff * EEK ! Was I thinking out loud ?

20 Ton Squirrel
12-03-2001, 04:16 PM
I'm just a friendly kind of fellow. I keep in touch with those who show like mind or expertise. I suppose it's kinda clique-ish of me, but I'm not gunning to be some sort of elitist.

Folks like Mortimer Jazz, Red Penguin, and Vilehelm all have a similar sense of humor (or lack thereof), so we enjoy poking fun at each other.