PDA

View Full Version : Please help - can not get movie clip instances to play

grellin
02-28-2001, 10:57 PM
This is driving me crazy. It seems like such a simple thing to do, but it isn't working. Here's what I'm working with:

-a small 9 frame animated movie clip (glowing ball)
-a blank stage that extends for 30 frames

1. I drag the movie clip onto the stage, and verify that it is copied to all 30 frames.
2. I give the instance a unique name.
3. I right-click frame one in the main area, and double click the 'tell target' action.
4. I navigate to the movie hierarchy and click on my glowing ball instance.
5. I double click the play action to complete the script, and close the menu.
6 When I play movie, my movie clip just sits there on frame one, and doesnt play it's timeline.

Can someone please explain how you get little movie clips to play on the main stage? This is frustrating me beyond belief. Thanks

kingarturo
03-01-2001, 12:52 AM
Hi there,

If you just want to see the mc play just drag an instance onto the main stage then go to CONTROL->TEST MOVIE or crtl-enter on a pc and that's it.

Hope that helps.

Peace.

grellin
03-01-2001, 03:59 AM
thanks,
I can't believe I didn't figure this out. I just assumed it would play in the normal stage editing area. Can't believe all the time I wasted and it was working the whole time!

Jesse
03-01-2001, 09:18 AM
lol, don't worry, we all make mistakes like this.
One time I spent 3 hours debugging 100 lines of code trying to work out why my text field wouldn't display any output...

only after 3 hours didi I realize that the background was white and so was the text! :)

Cheers

Jesse

kingarturo
03-01-2001, 01:27 PM
LOL!