PDA

View Full Version : Problem with preloaders

redblue4356
04-09-2005, 04:33 AM
:confused:
I have a preloader in the first frame in a different layer. My animation has only 1 scene with no nested movie clips. The problem is that when I test my movie and enable download simulation at 56kbps, first it takes too much time to load the preloader ( the size of the first frame has become 464kb ) and then when it is loaded, the percentage does not increase and remains 0% and after that the animation proceeds. Also sometimes when the preloader is loaded it immediately changes to 100% ( it should take some time to load the rest of the animation in the download simulation mode ).

Someone please tell me how can I correct the preloader problem.I also want to reduce the size of my first frame. Some guy told me to deselect the 'export in first frame' option and give three frames to the preloader. I did that and then he told me to loop the first two frames but I dont know how to do that since I am a beginner working on Flash MX professional 2004 for only a week.

Someone please please please help me.

trashman
04-09-2005, 05:52 AM
hi. i dunno much more than that other guy told you - but to loop back to the first frame, just make a layer called 'script' in your time line, add a blank keyframe to frame 3 (or frame 2 if that works better for you). then, select the blank keyframe you just created and add the following actionscript:

gotoAndPlay(1);

now, if you can set your preloader to goto 'frame 4' when loading is complete, you should be all set. if you can't do this, then you might have to put in some kind of conditional statement onto the keyframe on frame 3 (or 2 - depending on where you put it.)

jope that helps some!

Flash Gordon
04-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Some guy told me to deselect the 'export in first frame' option and give three frames to the preloader. I did that and then he told me to loop the first two frames
if that works i would love to see my preloader start at 0% instead of 60% and still have ALL of my components show in the swf