PDA

View Full Version : embedding flash in html background

ehscli
04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
when i use a black background on an html page, and match it with a black background on a flash clip i still get a white square until the flash clip starts loading. can anybody tell me how i can eliminate that white space where the flash clip is?

tomtomA920Dude
04-19-2005, 03:20 AM
the white box is a pretty standard thing with flash. if you want you can set your flash file's background to transparent, which will fix that. just add a new parameter to the flash object code in your HTML document:

<param name = "wmode" value="transparent"/>

then again in your embed tag:
<embed src="1.swf" width="500" height="400" quality="high" wmode="transparent">

keep in mind that setting your flash movie to transparent requires more video processing power, so users with slower computers may have problems with it. Personally I'd just live with the white box. it would only be there for a fraction of a second (make sure when you publish your flash file you publish it to load "top - down" otherwise the white box will stay there until your entire movie's loaded.

ncw2k69
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
i want tu put a flash movie in a html bg
i want a detalied explication or a sample plz
thx :confused:

manuelarean
02-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Since flash is a complete different "object" than an image, .swf are reproduced or rendered by the plugin, not the browser. So, you cant use it as Background images.

Sorry about my english