PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to load images into a running flash movie

jonath
03-01-2001, 03:06 PM
I'm trying to make a flash piece with the user ability to upload an image that will be processed by my server and then make the flash movie load it. is loading external images to flash possible at all?

Jesse
03-01-2001, 11:40 PM
Not without Swish Generator or Macromedia Generator 2...

I heard the other day that Swish Generator is free for non commercial use... so I think I might get it and make an example of how to process images on the fly... but I got a lot of other htings to do first.

CHeers

Jesse

bilbeau
03-02-2001, 03:50 PM
If it interests someone, i'm working on a drawing editor in Flash, which can save and reload drawings with javascript fscommand...

-> saving with cookies on user machine
-> or saving on the server with perl/javascript ?

Jesse
03-03-2001, 02:11 AM
I think saving the info into an online database is the best idea...

Let us know if/when you get it working, as it would be a Fature worth project.

Cheers

Jesse

bilbeau
03-03-2001, 08:19 AM
What do you meen with online database ?

(i am not familiar with databases)
-> ASP ?
-> Perl / txt files ?

My project is at this point :

I can save line drawings with color changes.
But there is a problem with loading of lot of variables in Flash : Flash Player ask the user if he wants to stop the script.
Do you have an idea of how much iteration it makes before asking ?

-> maybe loading variables in two or three times ??

Thank you for help.
If i can achieve it, i will publish.

Jesse
03-04-2001, 03:50 AM
I've not heard of such a problem with load Variables. I'm more inclined to think that your script has an error or two if Flash suggests shutting down the movie.

I meant you should do something like put the project online and allow users to create their graphics and store the data online in a database (mySQL or the like) hosted on your site. Similar effects can be seen at http://www.distorter.net and http://surface.yugop.com . Users have previously logged on, created graphics and had them saved into a database.

Cheers

Jesse