PDA

View Full Version : getUrl from projector opens multiple windows

tpuell
03-01-2001, 04:04 PM
repeated use of getUrl from a projector opens multiple browser windows (ie5 on pc) rather than navigating to different urls in same window. no target specification seems to alleviate this. any fix / work around? also, is there any way to check for active internet connection from the projector like you can do in lingo?

Jesse
03-03-2001, 02:01 AM
Well I can't get the movies to open in the same window either and I've been trying for about 10 minutes...

I can help you with the other though, To test for an active internet connection you can have avariable called 'active' which is default set to false, then you can do a loadVariables request on an online data file: http://www.site.com/onlineCheck.txt and that will load in a true value for the 'active' variable which you can check later on; if it's true, you're connected, else you're not.

Cheers

Jesse

tpuell
03-05-2001, 02:13 PM
oh. good tip. thank you. if anybody does find a solution to the multiple window thing.... i'm still looking for one!

loislane
03-12-2001, 09:30 PM
I've got the same problem. It works like a charm in Netscape (4.76 on PC) but not IE. Haven't tried on a Mac yet ... I'd be interested in hearing any solutions or ideas, too.

loislane
03-12-2001, 09:35 PM
as i was writing, one of my co-workers tried our code in IE 5.5 on a PC -- with success. might it be a snag in IE 5.0?

tpuell
03-12-2001, 09:43 PM
sounds great. what is your code?

loislane
03-13-2001, 04:10 PM
Hi ... it worked with IE 5.5 just using the regular getURl code with a target name that had I typed in. We are now, however, looking at a redirect work-around that will work the same across browsers so we don't have to worry about it not working properly in only IE 5.0.