PDA

View Full Version : Job Posting: Senior Flash Developer needed - Toronto, Canada

mwadden
04-30-2005, 05:46 PM
TITLE: Multimedia Developer
COMPANY: Verus Interactive ( http://www.verus.ca/ )
LOCATION: King City, Ontario, Canada (20 minutes north of Toronto)
PAY RATE: TBD
LENGTH: Full Time Salaried
START: Immediate

DESCRIPTION:

We are looking for a talented individual with STRONG Flash skills and a love for good design to join our interactive company. This individual must be a 'people person' and possess a strong desire to produce the highest quality work.

Duties will range from full multimedia and e-learning CD-ROM production to Flash website design and creation. Game development and animation projects also arise from time to time.

Candidates should have high-quality examples of their work ready for our review. You should have at least one major CD-ROM or e-learning project under your belt that showcases your abilities.

PLEASE NOTE: Heavy emphasis will be placed on your ActionScript abilities, as well as your understanding of other technologies such as JavaScript, XML, HTML and CSS.

Eligible candidates MUST:
* Currently live in the Greater Toronto Area
* Be able to independently commute to King City (no public transit available)
* Be able to read, write and speak English fluently
* Be self motivated to expand their skill-sets
* Be able to work well independently
* Have exceptional problem-solving skills

Required Skills:
* Macromedia Flash MX and MX 2004 including excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming practices and ActionScript 2.0
* Knowledge of AS2.0 Components
* XML (as it pertains to Flash)
* Audio and Video integration in Flash
* Knowledge of relational databases (Preferably MySQL)
* Adobe Photoshop 7 or higher
* Solid knowledge of HTML & CSS
* Working knowledge of JavaScript

Other Assets:
* Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Director, DHTML
* Exposure to Linux web servers and/or server-side scripting (eg. Perl, PHP, JSP)
* Experience with programming languages such as Java, C, C++, etc.

Please send your resume, portfolio and salary expectations to [email protected]

Thanks in advance to all who reply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.

mwadden
04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I just realized after I posted this that there is a dedicated employment section. I apologize if I've annoyed anyone.

-mark