PDA

View Full Version : IE 5 MAC trouble - Flash Movie Disiapears when you scroll..

igeek
04-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I am seeking answers to a problem I have encountered working with Flash MX 7.2.

let me start by showing the code I am using to embed the flash movie into my CSS/Xhtml web page.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="forcasting_gates_receipts.swf"
width="100%" height="83%" >
<PARAM NAME="SCALE" VALUE="NOBORDER">
<param name="movie" value="forcasting_gates_receipts.swf" />
</object>

The problem I am having is only with IE 5 MAC on OS 9 everyother browser displays this movie with no troble at all.

Description of the problem:
The Flash Movie I have happens to be at the bottom of my page and is not viewable when you first see the page.. you have to scroll down to actually see the movie.

The movie only partially loads for some reason..

The really strange thing is if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page where the flash movie is before the page is done loading.. the movie displays fine but if you scroll up or down parts of the movie dissapear.

Do i need to preload the flash movie somehow...?
Is my code correct.

Can someone please help.....

Thanks,
igeek

pcarini
05-01-2005, 05:45 AM
IE5Mac is a curse and shouldn't exist. You could consider letting them know that it doesn't work w/ IE Mac (that's what I'd do, 'cause I hate it). On many sites it's something less that 5% of the user clients anyway. I'd even consider doing it to IE 6 Win users just on principle :) unfortunately, they're still around 80% of the user base on many sites.

Otherwise, have you tried setting a fixed width and height for this line, just to check if it's that?
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="forcasting_gates_receipts.swf" width="100%" height="83%" >

igeek
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I tried fixed widths and I even tried preloading the flash movie...still no luck..