PDA

View Full Version : Video outlines???

Romulus
12-02-2001, 08:02 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows of any place that has tutorials, etc. for using regular video, importing it to Flash and then using something like a trace tool so that you can have the subjects in the movie with only fill colour??? I've seen a tutorial for something like this but I can't find it now. Can anyone help me out??
Or does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about?

thanks,

Will

Billy T
12-04-2001, 12:00 AM
you could export your movie as a jpeg sequence, import the sequence into flash and then go trace bitmap on each

cheers

Romulus
12-04-2001, 01:13 AM
for the reply. I'll look into giving that a try. I've just started with Flash so making movies into jpegs isn't the first tutorial I looked at, but I'd like to give that a shot anyway.

thanks again,

Will

Strok
12-04-2001, 01:37 AM
There is a few ways to do that, and you can do it just using 2 programs (adobe after FX and flash)

1)Open new project in Adobe AFX
2)file >> import >> footage file
3)composition >> new composition (then make the compís setting 300x260 @ 24 fps.)
4)Now you have to drag your (movie layer) in (composition layer)
5)Effects >> Adjust >> Hue/Saturation(Set Master Saturation level to -100)
6)Effect >> Blur >> Gaussian Blur. Select number 1 or 2.
7)Effects >> Adjust >> Threshold (and play with settings)

So now is the time to convert your movie in "BitMap Sequence"

1)press Ctrl+M
2)press OK
Now you have to exchange your (rendering settings) to "BitMap Sequence" and press "render"

FLASH
1)Open new MC and insert inside all images
2)Select image and modify >> trace bitmap (you have to do it for all frames , one by one)
3)Now you can delete all bitmaps from libraly

Goodluck

Strok
12-04-2001, 01:38 AM
or
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/intermediate/Video_to_Vector_Animation/index.shtml

Romulus
12-04-2001, 02:40 PM
That site address that you put in the last post was the tutorial that I was looking for that I saw before. Thanks a lot for the responses...I think I have the answers to all my questions.

Will