PDA

View Full Version : Little desapointment...

Jungl3M4n
12-04-2001, 07:58 PM
Maybe here is a lot of people who knows a lot about AS, and their skills are really good, but sometimes they doesnt want to help in threads that seems to be really easy, yeah maybe the questions are easy but there exist people like me, my as skills are growing but sometimes i cant solve my problems alone, right now I have a post in the ActionScripting forum and have received just 1 try, but still doesnt solve my problem because I dont know AS well, I have the AS Reference Guide (The book that comes with Flash) and there is nothing that helps me out, I'm getting pushed at my job and well sometimes thinking that i will have to go back to some shitty traditional things like masking and tweening stuff to do a darn simple scroll.

This makes me feel bad because yeah I know (Try and try until you do) I have no time to this because normally I work on the way, ahd the deadlines are like 5 days or 7 on some cases, I need to solve some probs, Thanks god I'm a good learner because when I understand something I will never ask again about it!.

Well Its up to you to help ppl with a little knoledge of AS and help them to grow in this AS comunitie, I guess all the ppl need to be helped, and particulary If I can I will help to everyone (of course If i can), sometimes I just read tutorials to try to help others, and is not the problem i have in flash , but if you can learn helping why dont do it???

Peace, be cool.

Regards,

Josh
12-05-2001, 01:49 AM
Well a lot of us have full time jobs that we attend to, and a lot of us dont have the time to answer EVERY single thread out there. The time that we devote to sites like this, is purely voluntary, and out of our heart. I LOVE doing what I do at message boards (tus the reason you can find me at most of them) but I have to make my money with the job that I luckily have :D. Since about 1 year ago I have grown increasingly busy with insane amounts of freelance and fulltimejob work, and my time has diminished on these message boards, but I still devote 99% of my free time to them. I hate to sound rude, but do not chastize us for things that we dont take care of, when we devote most of our free time to these boards voluntarily. Once again, I am not meaning this statement to be rude towards you, just stating an opinion.

Josh Dura

Jungl3M4n
12-05-2001, 02:09 AM
because I have a job too and know that there is no obligation from ne1 to answer all the post in here! just was giving my point of view too, sometimes i cant help that much because I'm working or dont know how to help because my skills of as are too low but it is growing and some day i will be able to help in more complicated stuff.

BTW send to us the poor ppl a freelance job! loool, going back to my thing, is just about maybe a word can help you know like tg did and Jesse, you as i have seen in lots of treads.

Thanks too much for giving me a word and please keep up the good work yar site is really good.

Regards,

tg
12-05-2001, 03:03 AM
i've asked prolly a total of 10 questions on these boards, doesn't mean i know alot, i've just found that for every hour i spend reading through old threads (ala search) saves me about 10 hours of waiting for someone else to find the answer for me. very little is asked here that hasn't been asked either here or on another board. by reading old threads i also get the benefit of finding answers to queastions i had not yet asked (or thought of).

Jungl3M4n
12-05-2001, 03:08 AM
I did realized that searching and reading old posts will maybe help as much as i need sometimes, but still sometimes you I(posters) will have to ask!.

Thanks a lot for helping and keep reading.

greets

spoonyg
12-06-2001, 02:58 PM
im with tg on the searching thing. ive learnd alot from other peoples posts and the toots here. when i do post i try to post with my problem partially solved or the code i have so far. i also try and post a working file so i can show what im trying to do. and if i get it figured out or get the answer from someone, i usually attach the file to the thread. i do this so that if someone does search there is as much information possible.

i didnt know much when i started coming here. i try and answer the posts that i can. i dont see actionscripts.org as a huge community, but a very solid one. i read your thread, its tough for me to answer the posts from guys like you, of higher as skill level than myself, but ill keep reading and learning and im sure at some point ill be able to answer or help with those tough ones.

Jungl3M4n
12-06-2001, 03:16 PM
I have to thank you all for helping me to solve my problems, now I'm trying to do some other stuff on the scrolling thing!.

But well some times when you are under too much presure the ideas goes away from you and when you finish the job they come back, it happens to mee all the time! :).

Again! Thanks! and please keep this forum up, I will try too to help as much as I can.

Greets,

Jesse
12-06-2001, 11:52 PM
I read literally every post on the forums. Except for site checks. I answer as many as time allows, but again, I don't know the answer to some, and nowadays, when I'm more busy than previously, I tend to answer multple shorter/easier questions and leave the longer questions to be answerred by someone else, because I feel that's the most beneficial to the community.

Jungl3M4n
12-07-2001, 03:08 PM
... you, the ones who have helped me directly and the ones who no because I have learned too a lot reading other's problems and possible solutions!

again THANKS.

peace.

greets,

:D :D :D :D

red penguin
12-27-2001, 02:16 PM
I think Jungl3M4n raises an interesting point and I think that everyone here has told it like it is. I come here at least once a day to see what people are asking. When I first came, I read and searched to find answers....it's a library of information after all...and posted a few questions to get my feet wet. After developing and progressing, I answer more than I ask, but there are always questions in my mind. Being clear in what you want to ask helps those with the knowledge (and I know I sure don't have all the answers!) answer posted questions. Again, it comes down to time. Sometimes people post their zipped fla's and I open them up but it takes me 15 mins to dissect and figure out their particular mind set/style and even then I don't have an answer. And then I want to move on to another question.

Sure, this is a solid place to be and a great community. I believe we all do it for the knowledge and the opportunity to give back something. That's the point.

*group hug*

red