PDA

View Full Version : speed it up

scat_happens
12-10-2001, 02:39 PM
thanks to ricco d i have solved my last problem but now there is one more rather simple thing i need a hand with.....i have set the flash animation up to autorun on a cd but the loading time is rather huge isthere anyway to reduce loading time without compromising image quality or animation length???

Ricod
12-10-2001, 03:06 PM
First, try to compress anything. Even if u don't want quality loss. Making a bmp a jpg at compression quality 12 will still result in a considerable filesize reduction. Audio should be mp3 at 8 kbit and preferably at mono, unless ofcourse it needs to be better. Experiment a bit with sampling rates ...

Whatever u can use more than once, do it. If its not nessecary to acces right away, don't load it until u need it. Cut up your swf in multiple smaller ones.

When ur done, copy yer fla, and in the copy remove all yer comments etc. Its not much, but every bit is another bit.

scat_happens
12-10-2001, 03:18 PM
ok then but i have no sound on it and no comments...but then again there are three distinguishable chunks to the movie...as it is auto running i have it as a .exe projector at the mo, is it them possible to load up swf files from that then even if people don't have the flash plugins....because it has to be universal, usable by anyone we send them out to

scat_happens
12-10-2001, 03:23 PM
will anything in your library affect the size of your projector file or will they only appear in the .fla?? i.e will only used images be in your final piece not additional images that happens to be in the library

Ricod
12-10-2001, 03:42 PM
U CAN load additional swf's into the projector, just like html/swf. I'm not sure about the unused library instances ... try it with a backup, I'd say.

scat_happens
12-11-2001, 08:12 AM
if i break the scenes into a series of SWF's and then have thelast frameof each loading the next then tat may work thanks

what is all this stuff i am hearing about preloaders ??? i have no idea what they do ??

Ricod
12-11-2001, 09:04 AM
Since the web is still the bottleneck for most stuff, people tend to load everything first and then start playing. Otherwise u might get weird stuff, or that yer movie is already at frame 25 while frame 26 hasn't loaded yet and then it needs to wait for that. Is kind of killing yer animation, right ?

Don't know why people call them preloaders though. Loading is in nature in advance. Ever heard of someone loading something afterwards ? (that would be great for the internet ! Watch 5 gig DVD quality movies through a modem instantly and load when ur done ! ) :p

scat_happens
12-11-2001, 11:11 AM
well that is a damngood point and reminds me of a comedian george carlin i don't know if you know him but if you get a chance d/l one of his sketches called euphamisms or prefixes