PDA

View Full Version : full screen? or just dumb?

CyborgNYC
12-10-2001, 05:27 PM
I have a client for whom I developed a 550X300 movie, but now they're complaining that when they make it "full-screen" it looks all "herky jerky" well duh, it wasn't designed to be full-screen.

Any suggestions on a happy solution? I thought maybe I could "re-do" the movie with a lot of white space and a border, but it's not supposed to BE fullscreen.

Ugh.

TIA.

evilregis
12-10-2001, 05:45 PM
i'm guessing that the 'herky jerky' is being caused by bitmap images used in your movie? they don't scale at odd zooms (eg, 141%).

i'm thinking your only options are to replace bitmap images with vector... or add an fscommand to restricts the ability to scale the image so that even if the client selects full screen, it will fill the screen with a flash window but your movie will remain it's default size in the middle of their screen.

the command is:

fscommand( "allowscale", false );

put that in frame 1 of your timeline and you'll be fine.

.:er:.

CyborgNYC
12-10-2001, 06:27 PM
Thanks, that helps squite a bit, but one other question if I might...it seems that although the movie is 550/300, in the first scene I have a "pan" whereby I take a large .png image and tween it across the stage to look like a pan,

but now that it's full screen, you can actually see the WHOLE image moving across the screen (it doesn't look like it's constrained within the boundary of the movie!) and it's terrible!

It's Okay in an HTML page, because it constrains the movie, but not in a projector...

any suggestions?

Here's a link...

www.puddlemedia.com/flash/test.html

TIA!

evilregis
12-10-2001, 06:44 PM
not sure how anyone else is doin', but i can't load your file... it just hangs with a white screen and the load status bar in the browser stops...

.:er:.

MikeMac
12-10-2001, 07:10 PM
Just hangs!!! There is no "flash/test.swf" in the directory named 'flash'. !C'mon soldier....this is sloppy!!
Let me know when it's up there!

Cheers

CyborgNYC
12-10-2001, 07:30 PM
My BAD.

I fo9rgot to make the src not my desktop file. Please accept my sorry-ness.

Mr. Slop.

Ricod
12-11-2001, 07:54 AM
Flash seems to forget the set boundaries when you go to fullscreen. So, u can either put stuff on a higher layer/_level to act as a border or use a mask.

MikeMac
12-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Replace the embed source line with the one below (note the 100%) . This will force your file "test.swf" to fill the screen of the browser window - regardless of window size.

This could cause jerkiness for two reasons 1) The jpg is not optimised. Try reducing the number of colours or vectorising. 2) The power - or lack of - in the viewers PC.

<EMBED src="test.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100% TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" align="top">

Is the SWF movement timeline? or actionscript? I supect that actionscript would give you a much smoother transition.

Good Luck.