PDA

View Full Version : _level????

loydthefarmer
03-05-2001, 09:02 AM
So i've got this code see and it requires a path but its in the fourth scene of the movie is that still _level0 ?? 'cause i think i have the path right and it doesnt seem to be working....

Marx
03-05-2001, 06:46 PM
Hi..
Could you post your code or better still try explaining a little clearer what it is your trying to achieve.
If you had four scenes within your main movie then they would all still be level0.

The following code will target a frame label in another scene from within a movie clip or the main timeline:

on (release) {
_root.goToAndPlay("frameLabel");
}

Hope this helps.

loydthefarmer
03-05-2001, 09:48 PM
The code for this is at http://www.michaelnewton.esmartdesign.com/FlashResume.fla

It is loosely based on the tutorial : "Continuously Scrolling Text Field / Graphic Objects" the problem apears in thew "main to overview" section. i think i have ruled out stupid spelling errors (there were some of those) but it still does'nt work and im at a loss for why. if some one could take a look at it that would be great Im going to be working that and a few other things all night so i will try not to upload a new version until someone replies to this.
oh and one other thing : in the same tutorial in the "fatController" MC there is a line of code that goes thusly:
_level0.masker.contentText._y = _level0.masker.contentText._y + (
_level0:direction * 5);
Now my question is, since the variable "direction" occurs not on the main stage but in a button on the main stage why does this work?? I mean it does but... y?

Marx
03-06-2001, 09:49 AM
Hi...
The problems in your masking MC. Your actually masking the' contentText MC' so nothing showing underneath.
The easiest solution would be to:

1) Go into your masker MC edit mode.
2) Right click the mask layer then remove the tick next to the word mask.
3) Now just select the blue image, open up the Fill panel and change the colour to 'White', to match your background.
4) Place another white border at the bottom if needed.

Control/Test Movie.

Hope this helps.

Marx
03-06-2001, 09:56 AM
Hi...
Regarding the 'direction' variable.

on (press) {
direction = 1;
_root.textController.controller.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

The first line of this action sets a 'Global' variable. This means it can be used anywhere within your movie.

Good luck.

loydthefarmer
03-07-2001, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all the help but i think the problem is different from the one i stated please see the post "Am i crazy? is this a bug?...etc" in case your interested.