PDA

View Full Version : External FLV Control

skdzines
06-23-2005, 02:40 AM
Can someone please tell me how I can control a dynamically loaded external .flv file so that once it is loaded, you can visually see the movie but not have it play until you roll over it?

Currently, I am duplicated a movie clip based on data from a database and with an array telling each duplicated movie clip which .flv file to load. With each duplicated movie clip, I also create a unique Connection object and NetStream object for each one. When I use the command "myNetStream.play("myFLV.flv") all movies are loaded properly but start playing immediately. I don't want them to play until you roll over them. However I do want you to see the movie that is loaded though. If I use "myNetStream.stop("myFLV.flv") or "myNetStream.pause("myFLV.flv")" the movie is not visible anymore.

I can control it fine if the .flv files are imbedded into my .swf file, but I don't want them embedded as that will increase file size a great deal.

Has anyone worked with streaming .flv files and have any idea how I can control them?

Any help is appreciated.

06-23-2005, 04:00 AM
try MediaDisplay component, you can do a lot of things with it.

skdzines
06-23-2005, 08:59 PM
I haven't really worked with the Flash components as of yet. My player that will eventually control the movie has a distinctive look. Can the Media player component be customized to look like my player? Or is there a simple way to look at the code of the component to see how some of its controls are configured?

Thanks.

06-24-2005, 05:20 AM
the MediaDisplayer doesn't have any graphic u can use that one.

justinlevi
06-30-2005, 04:35 PM
skdzines -

Check out a few of the players found in this document:

http://www.useflashmore.com/flv_player_buyers_guide.php (FLV Player Buyer's Guide)

Some of the players availabe are easily customizable, some aren't. A few of these players a a full API which will allow you to do exactly what you want. I know the FLV Jukebox has examples which show flv thumbnails too.