PDA

View Full Version : Thanks & comments?!

kraaft
06-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Just finished my first ever actionscripted site! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped get me over the numerous problems that have arisen since I started a couple of months ago.

Not only has the direct help been great, but also the numerous archived posts here that have been invaluable.

Please be kind! I hadn't ever done anything before (except the most basic html!) - The site seems to work but might be a bit clunky!! Any feedback would be appreciated....

http://www.thinkstorm.co.uk

Trying
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Haha, I love it! The very first impression was, that the main page was a bit "un-tidy". (Cant think of a better term. English is second language here.) The icons werent set up to clearly show importance ranking. Where to click? I guess there are parts that you have extra interest in visitors viewing, and maybe use size or extra colors to direct attention towards them?

The way it operates, with zoom, works great. Sure kept my attention! :) The "-" and "+" that appears in the cursor makes absolute sense. A little problem: In fx the "contact" screen, there is so much black, that the cursor has a tendency to disappear.

I also like the general layout of the site. The simplicity, and the way you use words as graphics. And the navigation is easy to figure out and to use. Not 100% user-friendly, but only because it's a bit different from the norm. I think it's great that you did it this way.

Maybe take another look at the icons on the main page... Else, I say it's a buy! Good job!