PDA

View Full Version : Image Shift with alpha fade

flimdesign
12-18-2001, 12:36 AM
my puter is broken. how do i fix it? haha - just jokin.

i've created a simple fade using an alpha tween. for some reason there is a shift in the image.

check this link (animation takes a while)
http://www.flimdesign.com/troy/whatsNew.html

does the shift happen when you view it? have you had this problem before? is there a solution?

thanks a lot
Flim

p.s. this site is great

Rupert
12-18-2001, 02:05 AM
I'm on a Mac using IE 5 and I'm not getting any shifting. The fades between images are smooth from where I'm sitting! If file size is not a huge issue (when isn't it?) try breaking the image apart. I've found that can stop images from jumping a pixel to the left (or right or Up...) especially when moving things across them, but it might help you with the fades too?
Cheers, Rupert

Billy T
12-18-2001, 08:06 AM
I'm on a mac using ie5 and I can see the problem

you're not using tweens or anything are you? The images were converted to symbols before you crossfaded them?

flimdesign
12-18-2001, 06:01 PM
i'm on a mac with IE5 as well. i get this bending in the right side of the image. it is very sublte. i broke apart the image and still recieved the same result. i'm going to do more testing. has this happened to you before?

flim

Billy T
12-18-2001, 09:19 PM
yeah I have seen this before

can I see the fla?

[email protected]

nic
01-02-2002, 02:23 AM
I can't see it: IE6 & NS4ish, on (bloody) PC...

Maybe the bitmap is not properly sized (at either end of the tween): if the original is 100px across and you give it a width of 99px (or 100.1), the browser/player will interpolate 'on the fly' and bust up the image on some browsers.

The same also applies to an X or Y co-ord (for same said bitmap), which is not an integer. Etc.

Bloody bitmaps!

The Searcher
01-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Try to resize the image to between 101-104 % of their original size (it shouldn't affect visual quality). Resize the source images to smaller images if necessary.

On your site, if you right-click on the slide show and choose zoom in, you already notice that the shifting effect is gone.

mseeley
01-24-2002, 08:35 PM
don't fade up to 100%, stop at 99%. this has been known to help certain flash 'features'

flimdesign
02-21-2002, 10:35 PM
changing the % solved the problem