PDA

View Full Version : using cookies and ecommerce

Flash Gordon
06-28-2005, 05:18 AM
Hi ya gang.

I just started learn about cookies and databases. I wanted to try to build a mock ecommerce site to practice, but I'm kind of at a loss of where to begin. Does anyone has a link to a good tutorial.

What I'm trying to do it allow a user to select several items to buy, store thoses item in a cookie incase they want to continue shopping, retrive thoses items from the cookie, then proceed to the check out form.

I know how to make the check out form and connect it to the database and I know how (at least a little bit) to make a cookie, but I just unsure how to combine the functionality.

Thanks for your help.
FG

Flash Gordon
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Ok, for get the cookies, how about a good, complete tutorial on PHP and and mySQL. I have read many that are only 2-4 pages long.

Xeef
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
good, complete tutorial, 2-4 pages long on PHP and and mySQL

good jocke :D

Hmm

actualy i have one :p abouth PHP

it's the PHP manual it's just 1 page :p but about 7Mb and 200 screens long

Flash Gordon
07-01-2005, 10:28 PM
no, no. I ment to say the mySQL tutorials that I have read are only 2-4 pages long. I'm looking for something more indepth.

And yeah, I use the PHP manuel a lot, but somethings it dont explain very well like here http://us2.php.net/define. Talking about define();

EDIT: I do understand define(); now since I have played around with it more.

Xeef
07-02-2005, 01:03 PM
i don't think you will find a tutorial wich is much longer then 5-10 sides
or go in to the depth
expect in the depth of ONE particular Question/problem

i know the realy basics of PHP & SQL

if i need something special i search in the docs for it
and then if the docs isn't clear enught i take a google on the particular problem
till now i always found fast an aesy solution

i think you are looking more for a book then for a tut

Flash Gordon
07-02-2005, 03:11 PM
yeah, I guess your right I'm just very straped for cash right now. Thanks Xeef.