PDA

View Full Version : Need help with light effect

SmokeandMirrors
12-21-2001, 04:18 PM
I found a light effect while browsing around, and I've edited it to play the effect (originally a movie clip on the main timeline, edited by actionscript) inside another movie clip, so to keep it modular for future uses. However, the actionscripting to create the light effect is not working, though the MC paths seem correct. Any suggestions?

tg
12-21-2001, 07:15 PM
there are probably folks here who can help, but you got to give more info/ code/ fla... any of the above.

SmokeandMirrors
12-22-2001, 11:35 PM
It'd be easier to see the original (light2b) and the edited (light2d) .fla's than trying to describe it myself, so there here in a .zip file. Besides the edited file not working, the original was quite slow (even at 120 fps!):( Help in any way would be appreciated, especially since this will be a part of a school project that will be due sometime soon. Thx.

Billy T
12-22-2001, 11:57 PM
i got a plain black window when I tested both files...

tg
12-26-2001, 05:27 PM
so what is wrong with them, light2b is very slow... light2d works, and is very fast, but i'm not getting the blue flair off the light.

one problem with both is that the _visible property of the mc you are duplicating in frame 2 is being set to false in frame 1. so you can't see anything.

farafiro
12-27-2001, 09:02 AM
TOOooOOooooOOOOoooOOOo slow