PDA

View Full Version : php upload and flash

ljones
07-14-2005, 01:48 AM
I have a flash button which loads a php form to browse and then upload an image file (that part works), but I cannot get the name of the file that was selected back into the flash piece. Can anyone give me any ideas or direction?

Best regards...
Lance

facereplays
07-14-2005, 06:57 AM
script language="javascript" >
function postIt()
{
fl_n=window.document.form.file.value;
if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")!=-1) {
mov= window.opener.mov; /////// the id and name of flash movie
mov.SetVariable('file_name',fl_n);
}
document.form.submit();
}
</SCRIPT>

above is a script wich is triggered from fileupload button

ljones
07-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your reply facereplays. Is this the method you used for your site or something similiar? Do I need to use a javascript to browse and upload instead of the php script?

thanks again...
Lance

facereplays
07-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes, it is the same script and it submits the form for later php. The only thing is that if you get client with "wrong" browser (i.e. netscape) the flash will not be informed back. it is pretty fast to get JPG from client's HD only in case of IE browser, otherwise (as far as i know) you can not avoid sending data on a server and getting them back from there, or reload the page with new data (wich sux). But if you get it right from the client, you can not tell the actual width and height of image (crucial in my case, i have to know where to clip and trim ), and you are restricted to JPEG only. There is still much to do on facereplays.com to clear that upload problem.

have a nice one.