PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

20 Ton Squirrel
12-31-2001, 12:42 PM
Nothing much profound to say other than thanks for participating and making this site my haunt. Thanks to Jesse and Strok for trusting me enough to be a moderator.... suckers!!! Heheh!!

May everyone have a wonderful year, twenty tons of blessings on ye all.

Oh yeah... DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE DAMN IT!!!!

Jesse
01-01-2002, 06:58 AM
I hope everyone had a great NYE! I know I did. Fireworks on the Yarra and spending time with good friends. May 2002 be a year of peace!

Rupert
01-01-2002, 11:10 PM
what!... you guys gave the Squirrel more power!? We're all doomed.. DOOMED! Happy New Year to you too! Cheers!

Jesse
01-02-2002, 05:57 AM
Hey Rupert, did you see the fireworks on the Yarra?

Ricod
01-02-2002, 08:52 AM
May it, indeed, be a peaceful one ! Although its probably going to be pretty much like the previous one ... anyone made any of those new-year-resolutions ? I'm going to try not to pick on those people that kept telling me the world would end on december 31st/ january 1st.
More power to the squirrel ... I'd better sacrifice some more cashews then ...

Rupert
01-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Jesse - No I missed them .. heard they were good though! I was sitting on the beach near Fairhaven watching the ones over at Lorne across the water and wondering where Summer had gone. A quiet but very nice night. you?

Jesse
01-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Ricod, I wastched and iteresting documentary on the birth of Jesus the other day. They were saying that the star which the wise men followed could in fact have been Venus, as a morning star, which would have appaeared in the correct place 6 years late, and signified the birth of a king. So they were saying he may have been born 6 years later. My point being the world may yet end in the year 2000 :) I just though that was an interesting thing.

Ricod
01-04-2002, 07:59 AM
They also claimed the end of the world would be coming when all the planets were aligned, but that didn't happen. I just mentioned it because here in the netherlands there was this cult that made the news (its a pretty rare thing here, unlike other countries were there's always someone screaming the end is near) But Venus is 6 years late ? Man, I thought I was unpunctual ! heh, some people say Christ was born 2 years later, now they say 6 ... So its believed to be Venus now ? What about that comet that keeps flying by every 88 years or so ?

vilehelm
01-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Sacrifice a cashew! that's funny.
The squirrels have been raining pecan shells all over my car lately. I think they're taking orders from the almighty 20 ton.

Hope everyone has a great new year. Definitely a less eventful one would be nice.

This is the bestist forum on the web.