PDA

View Full Version : PDF viewer help

jwilly
07-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi there-
I am looking to integrate whatever tools or extensions necessary to create a PDF scrollable viewer (I only need scroll and possibly print capabilities) within a native flash projector for a CD I'm working on. I am looking for a standardized way of doing it because there are about 100 PDF documents totalling many hundred pages.

Flash MX 2004 allows me to import PDFs as separate pages either per scene or per frame. I was wondering if anyone know of some way to do one of the following:

1.) Write code that strung together each PDF page parsed by Flash MX 2004 (either by scene or by frame) into one long movie clip so that I can scroll it.
or
2.) Use some third party software to do it for me. I have Director MX and INM's PDF Xtra 7 (http://www.inm.com/products/pdfdirector/) which I understand might work, but I don't have time on this project to waste on something that isn't going to work. Has anyone tried this before?

Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks all - j

INM
01-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I realize you posted this over six months ago, but i was wondering if you still had questions about the INM PDF Xtra software or anything else regarding PDFs in multimedia projects.

Have you considered INM Impressario, it allows unlimited creativity when working with PDFs inside Macromedia Director?

www.INM.com

Thanks,
-n