PDA

View Full Version : HTML forms to Flash forms in a flash! With NEW hidden variable suprises!

brianriggs
08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
All google roads lead to here. I guess you could call this "Matrix Destiny". I've been racking my brain going crazy and loosing sleep for almost a week... just like most of you who are trying to find a solution for that last Flash functionality problem that is the missing link in your project... Other's would say I'm crazy if they knew how much time I spent on this one problem... After numourus requests, the email list service company that I use to has told me that they aren't going to bother with making a signup form in flash or even give me any instuctions on there perl script so I can get a step further to making one and I can't rest til I've accomplished this... the good thing is that in the proccess I've learned so much more about flash, actionscript, perl, java, asp. I have a new respect for the apple button on the right side of the space bar now(it's closer to Enter). Anyways, I've found the begginers tutorials... so that's what I'm going to be up to for today... >> HTML forms to Flash forms in a flash! With NEW hidden variable suprises! "The do-it-yourself guide" ;)
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/beginner/html_forms/index.shtml

This was my reply to a post that I thought was promissing
http://actionscripts.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=64276

madgett
08-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Nice :), you can also do behind the scenes form POSTs whenever you want with LoadVars sendAndLoad, and nobody will know it's happening.

brianriggs
08-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Hello madgett and everyone!

:D My Goal has been accomplished and it feels great!:D

I want to give special THANKS!!! to Dark_Element, who provided me with the solution of converting the actual form from HTML to FLASH which enabled me to get it to work.

From the as.org begginers tutorial, the most useful thing that I learned was: by using "GET" instead of "POST", it allowed me to see the URL string that the Flash form was producing. So I went to the live & working HTML form that I was trying to convert, and switched the POST to GET in the code, and was then able to see the URL of a successfull submission. Then took the two URLs and compared them, and modified the Flash form till it reproduced the same URL output that that the HTML form creates.

On to the next Goal... Bye for now!