PDA

View Full Version : check the effect....

shan9211
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
hi Users,

I have seen this effect on various sites and this effect has impressed me a lot..I wanna know how this effect is done..so have a look at it and share the technique used behind it...the link is : http://www.gravitate.ie/flash/home.asp

check the case studies link in which you will see a image of a guy wearing a white shirt with blue tie. See how the images fades in with a very beautiful white flash of light. I wanna know how this flash light effect has been done.

regards,
Xeeschan

ikatana14
08-24-2005, 07:55 AM
It is a cool effect isn't it.

I'd say that effect can be done a couple of ways.

One of them would be to have background of the main image, and then use a mask of the same shape and in that mask have the light effect in there.

The light effect does look to be just a change in Alpha State. The thing that makes it look so imressive though is that it looks to take place over the whole of the Flash window.

I also think that the light effect is possibly a circle of light with the radial effect applied to it, and to get the effect of the main image coming back into "focus" they move the mask with the Radial light in it to the top left of the image, and also at the same time change it's alpha.

I'll have a quick play and see if I can get the effect. If I do I'll post the .FLA up.

I must point out that I THINK it is done like this, and I am sure there are other ways to do it, probably ACTIONSCRIPT. And as usual with action script it will probably get a better effect than doing it "by hand"

I

ikatana14
08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
attached should be a VERY basic .fla of the effect you like.

Need some tweakin' but at least it is a start for you.