PDA

View Full Version : mediaDisplay help

surftheearth
08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Quick question:

I have swf that is essentially a flv player. I have about 18 videos that users can choose from. I am using the MediaDisplay/MediaController combo as my player. I have 18 buttons--one for each video. When I click on the buttons the corresponding video plays in the player... simple enough. Here's the code for that:
on(release) {this.flvDisplay.setMedia("videos/video1.flv");}

So everything works great, except one thing. Once the video has finished, and I click on another button to view another video, the new video starts in a PAUSED state. So I added this line of code to my on(release) event and it fixed the problem.
this.flvDisplay.play(0);

Now the only problem is that the new video plays perfectly but the MediaController shows the video as still be paused. I think I could write a boolean statement something like this, but I don't know how to tell the MediaController to change its status.
if(flvDisplay.playing == true){some function;}

Maybe the boolean idea is not needed and I just need to replace the "flvDisplay.play(0)" with something better... maybe something that clears the "buffer" or something? Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

surftheearth
08-26-2005, 03:59 PM
easier than I thought...

on(release) {
this.flvDisplay.play(0);
this.flvDisplay.setMedia("videos/video1.flv");
if (flvDisplay.playing == true){
flvController.playing = true;
}
}