PDA

View Full Version : FLASH EXPERT NEEDED

jmg42
03-07-2001, 06:08 PM
Here is what I need to do....I need to have it done by Friday and I am having a tough time figuring out how to go about it. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

I have a bookcase full of books (13 books) that are all buttons. On mouseover these books with their titles appear in the center of the stage. What I need to be able to do:

Once you click on the book, it needs to dissapear from the bookshelf and appear on the bottom of the screen. That's not too tricky....the hard part is I need to be able to pick 6 books (obviously any 6), have them all stack on top of one another (or side by side) and then once 6 books have been selected, I need the movie to go to a certain frame (that is definitely programming needed there and I don't know how to do that at all).

Just for clarity sake, here is what is happening. The flash site is an educational game, and players are in a room (a labaratory) with a bookshelf. They need to select the correct six books out of 13 in order to advance to the next part of the game. I need to graphically represent that they have selected six books (which are their choice out of 13 books) and make sure that the programming works so that when they select the correct 6 books they go to the "Good job" frame and when they've selected the wrong 6 books they go to the "Try again" frame.

Any advice, even if it isn't step by step tutorial, is much appreciated. Even if you can tell me what I need to learn (or any tutorials that would help me out) I would really appreciate it. Thanks very much.

have a great day,
[email protected]

cinciem
03-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Hi,
We have all been where you are. Maybe this will help.

Set Variable: "CorrectBook"="0"

Set Variable: "CorrectBook" = "0"
If (correctbook = 6)
Go to and Stop ("correct")
Else
Go to and Stop ("try again")
End If

each time the one on the correct books is selected

On (Release)
Set Variable: "CorrectBook" = CorrectBook+1
End On

As for stacking the books... Maybe you could use drag movieclip and rotate to have the user stack them (for fun)

Hope this helps.

Jesse
03-07-2001, 10:08 PM
If your books start off side by side then you should stack them side by side for ease.
I'm assuming all your books have the same visual dimensions coz id they don't it's going to be a pain.
Each book must be a button inside an MC.
I'd use something very similar to what cinciem suggested. Each book could have something like this on the button:

on (release) {
this._visible = false;
_root:bookCount = _root:bookCount+1;
this._y = 400;
this._x = (_root:bookCount*30)+300;
this._visible = true;
if (_root:bookCount == 6) {
_root.gotoAndPlay(2);
}
}

This hides the book and moves it to the bottom of the screen. Replace 400 with the _y pixel value you want, 30 with the width of the book, and 300 with the offset (in pixels) from the left of the stage where the stack should begin.

If you make a test movie with a few buttons and this code on each you will see that it places the books at co-ordinates you enter, in a row, just like on a bookshelf.

Cheers

Jesse