PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a way to make a form WORK!

bjackson
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I have made a website for my company using Flash and someone has requested that I add a form to our website. Right now the user clicks the link and it opens his/her default email (Simple!), but now they want them to click that button and have the user goto another page where they enter their name, email, phone, company name, have a combo box listing what department the email will be going to, then a comments box. I have tried and tried to get this to work. I created a simple form with my name, phone, and comments box, filled it out and hit the send button. I never recieved the email with the information. My work uses an exchange server for the mail. I have tried an asp and a php behind to go behind this form and I have no luck so far. I think between our exchange server, our email filter, and firewall, somewhere along the line it gets blocked out or something. I did check the email filter and it was not getting caught in that. In conlclusion I didn't know if anybody might know how I can get information from a form sent to me in an email or if I can get the online form to write a file and save it to a location on the webserver. If you could help I would really appreciate it.