PDA

View Full Version : (F8) Bitmap Linkage Problem

deadbeat
09-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Anybody else seen this problem in Flash 8?

Create a new document. Import a bitmap image to the library. Right click it in the library, select Export for Actionscript, and give it a linkage ID ("image") for use with the BitmapData class...

Then delete the image from the library. Import a new bitmap image, and give it the same linkage ID as before - Flash throws an error "You must specify a unique identifier to export or import this symbol" - even though the new image is the only thing in the library...

Argh...

K.

Xeef
09-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Hmmm

can't reconstruct this

working fine !

senocular
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
I couldnt reproduce either. :-/
A work around might be save and compact before attempting to give the new image that same identifier

deadbeat
09-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Hmmm...spent some more time testing this morning...The problem doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time for me either - but it is fairly common, and seems to happen most often with PNG files...

Save & Compact alone doesn't fix it, but if I delete the image, save the FLA file, close it, then reopen it I can again import an image and give it the same linkage ID...which works, but is obviously a headache...

Wondering if the IDE might be caching the library data, and not always clearing it properly - like what happens sometimes with the .aso files...

K.

Xeef
09-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Hmmm there seams to by a couple of Bugs around :p

i was programing and testing around

stage size 500X500 a 250X250 pic in the left uper corner NONtabed testing (stand alone player)

start it and i got a player whit 400X500 or so
first i was thinking i did something stupid whit to many "undo"
start check start is fine
after 2-3 starts same again whit slightly diferent size 380X500
after that the stand alone player is totaly gone and a was need to restart flash