PDA

View Full Version : Flash MX V6 and email some text

cdsouza
09-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi,

I have 3 fields ie, name, subject and comments that I am trying to get emailed to me via a submit button. Don't know how to go about doing it with the getUrl and mailto...

Flash MX v6.0

Help.

Chris

Cota
09-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Check this out:
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=60228

cdsouza
09-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks.

Unfortunately I DO NOT want it to open any email program. Is there anyway to send the info without openeing the users default email program ??

HELP.

Chris

Cota
09-30-2005, 05:50 PM
You could use a server side email. Flash would send the info to a server side script which would in turn send the email. PHP, ASP, and PERL are a few that will allow it. Here is a tutorial using PHP
http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/intermediate/php_send_mail/index.shtml

biodegradable
10-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I can sell you an Advanced Contact Script that includes fully working Form that can submit any info to any e-mail you want and a reply e-mail to the person who is filling out the application. Fully customized to your liking (e.g. color, animation, style, and design plus any amount of information you what to be filled out) for very cheap. Great deal! Consider it. Or you can spend countless hours trying to figure out complicated php and actionscript, when you are losing customers and or money that you could be making off of this advanced script, and I will even install it for free and give you unlimited technical support for FREE! Think about it the choice is simple.

-Jonathan Stanton
-Web design / Maintenance
-Xeond.com "Always Here For You."

cybered
10-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Hi there, I hope this will help. It works with PHP.
I have add the button script and the php code to be save aswell and up loaded to your server. :)

-------------------

on (release) {
loadVariables("email.php",'POST');
javascript('alert("Thank you for contacting us.");');
}

-------------------

<!-- This is the PHP code, so save it in a txt editor as emil.php -->

<?php
$name = $_POST['Name'];
$email = $_POST['Email'];
$message = $_POST['Message'];

$name = stripslashes($name);